Samsara Trekking has been involved in conservation programmes where in which you could join and you could feel and make the sense of your contribution directly. This contrasts with many NGO programmes where much of your contribution goes on ‘administrative’ expenses or worse – it is well known that many NGOs programmes are just businesses oriented where only a small percentage of donations and contributions they receive actually reach the people they purport to be helping. In addition, the programmes provide an opportunity for two different cultures positively influence each other. Participation will enhanced your ability to see through man-made culture and religion enlightening to a greater awareness of our human ‘sameness’ and the beauty of our differences.
This volunteer programme has been designed for high school and college graduates or for those who are interested in cultivating nature conservation awareness among the school kids in rural Nepal. Due to lack of proper education and awareness rural folks have been heavily dependent on the natural forest and wildlife, without seeking the alternatives to their needs. Our major target group is school kids because they are open to alternatives and eager to listen what you have to say. Above all they are the future of our communities.
Apart from teaching English language in a local school, volunteers will attend conservation awareness programmes in a local community to share their knowledge and skills about the deadly impact of destruction of natural forests. There will be occasional cultural programmes: for example a duet song and dancing competition on the Topic of Conservation and Gender Equality, in which volunteers will be assisting the local organiser to co-ordinate the programme.
Sites and Communities: Tharu ethnic community bordering the Bardia National park in the mid-west Nepal. And, Chepang and Magar ethnic communities in the hill region of Chitwan
- Spread the importance of nature conservation among school kids.
- Cultivate love for Nature among kids.
- Highlight the importance of wildlife and birds in our lives.
- Help kids improve their English Language.
- Teach in School: English language, drawings etc
- Teach kids about health and hygiene.
- Attend local community meetings and highlight the local environment, especially, forest and soil conservation and sanitary system.
- Help locals in community programme- building schools, toilets and water taps etc.
- Find alternative way of making fire and help reduce the deforestation.
- Experience of Living with the Family of different culture.
- Learning by doing.
- Volunteer Certificate after the evaluation of your activities.
- Cultivate your competence in community development
You can work as a volunteer up to visa period (90 days), but you need to inform us about it beforehand so that we arrange it with local school management or a club. CONTACT US FOR THE VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME!
NATURALLY NEPAL: TREKKING, BIRDING, JUNGLE SAFARI, TEMPLE TOURS & HIKING RETREAT